Where would we be without academia, research and high-tech? I’d probably be dead, or at least have no teeth. Let’s recognise academics’, researchers’ and knowledge transferers’ value and make their HR efficient so they can focus on their core work.
Tweedie Consulting specialises in Human Resources improvement and leadership in higher education, knowledge-intensive and not-for-profit organisations. We ensure that clients’ HR operations and systems are a strategic asset which continuously improve.
We understand diverse, international workplaces brimming with ‘knowledge workers’ and our knowledge of trends in legal compliance, data analysis, budgeting, governance, HR systems and our international HR network keeps our work relevant and impactful.
Geiger-P Academic Progressions Software
Tweedie Consulting and General Technology Ltd (producers of VT2000) launched Geiger-P academic progressions software at University HR 2019 Conference in May. It cuts the time taken to manage academic promotions and professorial pay review panels by about 60%. We are demonstrating Geiger-P to universities across the UK with exciting news to follow in 2020.
Andrew’s work on Geiger-P builds on his insight into employment law, legal compliance, HR systems and academic career development for national research associations, consortia of universities and individual universities. His work includes:
- designing and leading roll out of new rewards and appraisal system for Bitwala, a FinTech bank integrating cryptocurrency trading with Venture Capital backing (2019-2020)
- devising the Our Future is Yours employer branding for Germany’s largest research organisation (Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, 2016)
- interim Deputy Director roles, including at City, University of London (2017) and the University of Middlesex (2015)
- consultancy on academic recruitment and meeting equality criteria for the Berlin University Alliance (BUA) for their successful ‘Cluster of Excellence’ funding and Excellence University bids (2017)
- review of the German Ministry of Education and Research’s (BMBF) global Green Talents programme (2017-2018).
Tweedie Consulting is the trading name of Tweedie Henrich Ltd (Company Number 9374584), 1 Cobden Road, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 3UB, United Kingdom.